We develop and strengthen the infrastructure of your business so that you can focus on your passion to build.
Davis & Hodgdon Associates has served Vermont’s construction industry for more than 25 years – from residential and non-residential builders to engineers and specialty trade contractors.
With currently more than 40 clients in the construction sector, our team of professionals provides tax, accounting and construction-specific business services that allow you to focus on what really matters to you – the satisfaction that comes from doing something that you love and celebrating the final project.
Whether you are starting or expanding your business or perhaps you are ready to begin planning your exit strategy for retirement – we have the perfect set of services to enable you to succeed.
For the "start-up" or entrepreneur:
- Bookkeeping through RAD (Remote Accounting Dept.)
- Entity selection
- Cash Flow Forecast & Projections
- Benchmarking & financial ratios
- Internal controls evaluation and recommendations
- Operational reviews and recommendations
- Retirement plan consulting through Copper Leaf Financial
- Personal financial planning through Copper Leaf Financial
- Succession/exit planning
- Business valuations
For the individual looking towards retirement and exit planning:
- Business valuations for mergers/acquisitions
- Retirement and succession planning through Copper Leaf Financial
- Financial Planning and Investment Management through Copper Leaf Financial
Are you looking at the information necessary to understand how well you're doing?
Is the review of these key performance indicators (KPIs) and business-critical reports part of your routine?
- Profitability: labor costs, productivity, cost and profit predictability
- Balance sheets: determine liquidity
- Cash flow reports: promote timely billing/collections
- Margin variance: compare gross margins to objectives
- Schedule variance: determine if you are behind or ahead of schedule
- Cost variance: determine if you are over or under budget
- Bid development: pending, completed, active prospects, probability of work
- Productivity: Actual versus available working days
- Safety: reportable incidents
- Client satisfaction: defects detected, repeat customers
Monitoring the appropriate KPIs for your business and developing benchmarks will help you keep track of your financial viability, cash flow and production efficiency just to name a few.
Davis & Hodgdon can automate these reports into a manageable format and show you how to effectively analyze your business in just a matter of minutes each month, so that you have the time you need to focus on your business.
- Building performance: KPIs used in the construction industry: http://www.performancemagazine.org/building-performance-kpis-used-in-constructions/
- Succession Planning: The First Steps for Construction Companies: http://www.claconnect.com/resources/articles/succession-planning-the-first-steps-for-construction-companies
- 6 Advantages of renting compact equipment in any economic condition: http://www.constructionbusinessowner.com/equipment/equipment-management/april-2016-case-rental-good-economy
- 2 Key Tax Provisions Every Construction Business Owner Needs to Keep in Mind: http://www.constructionbusinessowner.com/accounting/accounting-finance/march-2016-2016-tax-update
Copper Leaf Financial: True Wealth Management
Davis & Hodgdon offers true wealth management with the services offered under the umbrella of Copper Leaf Financial. At Copper Leaf Financial we bring together holistic and comprehensive financial planning designed to integrate and enhance every aspect of your financial life. This is “true wealth management” — a holistic, all-encompassing approach that goes beyond just investment advice and incorporates all facets of your financial life, from tax planning to estate planning to retirement funding and beyond. By aligning these critical components of financial health, we can substantially improve the odds of reaching your most important goals.